Friday, July 6, 2012

We Are Paper Toys



I picked up the book We Are Paper Toys at an author reading at Inkwood books, one of independent bookstores in the Bay Area.  You can visit their website here.  Even if you don't live in western FL it's worth visiting the website for their staff suggestions.  I love other people's reading lists and their staff has good taste.  It's been a fun book because it comes with a CD that has many of the projects in PDF that you can print out.  We've made all kinds of little critters.

The author reading I went to was for Lauren Buckner's Parentwise.  It's been a helpful book.  It's thin but takes awhile to get through because the author requires a lot of reflection through journaling or other ways to see yourself better. I've read quite a few books on how to make the toads 'better' but not enough on both taking responsibility for and care of myself.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...