Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Art Cart into Science Cart

This little cart used to be our art cart. I did a post here about where all the art supplies went.  I worked some magic on it and now it's our science cart.


I really like that it consolidates all our strewn out science equipment. The microscopes have not been getting enough use and I'm hoping having them more in view will inspire us.  I inherited the dissection scope and the compound scope has gotten more use up to now, but we have plans.  It's a bit of a work in progress and as our year in science progresses I'm sure we'll do some rearranging.

Organizing everything also helped us spot some shortfalls. We added a compass, a flexible measuring tape, a set of dual metric and imperial measuring cups, a bug box, and a bug field guide. We got the bug field guide from the Xerces Society.  They have some good fact sheets on their website about bees if anyone's working on a project on that.


Our favorites from the resources basket:


The boys love the guides that fold since they're light and they can carry them in their backpacks.

If you've got a favorite science tool that you use all the time and it looks like we're missing it, please add it to the comments box since I'm looking for suggestions.

2 comments:

RachelT said...

Your science cart is a really neat idea! I hope it works well for you. Just stopping by from the Hop!

toady mama said...

Thanks Rachel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...