Saturday, June 16, 2012

Leathercraft

I'm going to be teaching a week of art camp at the end of the month and need to brush up on a few skills as prep.  I used to do leatherwork with a family friend but it's been a long time.  I thought it'd make a great way to fill some afternoons together to get one of the Tandy Leather beginning kits.  I get my refresher and older toad gets to do some projects.

At the time of this post, this kit was on closeout for only $14.99 on the Tandy Leather website here.


Older toad was really excited about and did 2 projects the first day, 1 the next and we still have the key fob for the next time it comes out.  Here's his projects from the first day.  He really went for the 'just whack it til I'm done' approach rather than any particular pattern.  He's keeping his change in both of them and is very proud of his projects.


I did the youth journal kit.  It's not part of the above set but it's what the kids will be doing so it will be a sample.  I used the stamps and finish from the beginners kit.  I also used my monogram stamp from when I could rightly call myself an artist.  Good excuse to wipe the rust off.  It's a different kit available here.  Here's my completed journal. 


We both had a good time doing our projects so if you're looking for a new craft to branch out to give it a try.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...